This new release introduce a new authentication and authorization architecture. A lot of code refactoring has been made to have an extensible and flexible system. It's now possible to write plugins to propose alternative authentication backends.
Groups and Teams
With Kanboard, a group of people is like a team. Each user can be assigned to one or multiple groups. Then each project manager can authorize projects access to a group while assigning a specific role for the project.
More over, a new project role have been created "Project Viewer", these users only have read-only access to the project.
Enterprises that use Kanboard can also configure the LDAP groups synchronization.
- Add pluggable authentication and authorization system (complete rewrite)
- Add groups (teams/organization)
- Add LDAP groups synchronization
- Add project group permissions
- Add new project role "Viewer"
- Add generic LDAP client library
- Add search query attribute for task links
- Add the possibility to define API token in config file
- Add capability to reopen Gitlab issues
- Try to load config.php from /data if not available
Note: Do not forget to update your plugins.
- The user roles nomenclature has been changed
- LDAP configuration parameters changes (See documentation)
- SQL table changes:
- "users" table: added new column "role" and removed columns "is_admin" and "is_project_admin"
- "project_has_users" table: replaced column "is_owner" with column "role"
- Sqlite does not support alter table, old columns still there but unused
- API procedure changes:
- Event removed: "session.bootstrap", use "app.boostrap" instead