Subtasks are useful to split the work of a task.
- Can be assigned to a project member
- Have 3 different statuses: Todo, In progress, Done
- Have time tracking information: time spent and time estimated
- Be ordered by position
From the task view, on left sidebar click on Add a subtask:
You can also add a subtask quickly by entering only the title:
Change subtask status
When you click on the subtask title the status change:
The icon before the title is updated according to the status.
Note: When the task is closed, all subtasks are changed to the status Done.
- Each time a subtask is in progress, the timer is also started. The timer can be started and stopped at any time.
- The timer records the time spent on the subtask automatically. You can also change manually the value of the time spent field when you edit a subtask.
- The time calculated is rounded to the nearest quarter. This information is recorded in a separate table.
- The task time spent and time estimated is updated automatically according to the sum of all subtasks.