Advanced Search Syntax
Kanboard uses a simple query language for advanced search. You can search in tasks, comments, subtasks, links but also in the activity stream.
Example of query
This example will return all tasks assigned to me with a due date for tomorrow and a title that contains "my title":
assigne:me due:tomorrow my title
Search by task id or title
- Search by task id:
- Search by task id and task title:
- Search by task title: anything that doesn't match any search attributes
Search by status
- Query to find open tasks:
- Query to find closed tasks:
Search by assignee
- Query with the full name:
- Query with the username:
- Multiple assignee lookup:
assignee:user1 assignee:"John Doe"
- Query for unassigned tasks:
- Query for my assigned tasks:
Search by task creator
- Tasks created by myself:
- Tasks created by John Doe:
- Tasks created by the user id #1:
Search by subtask assignee
Search by color
- Query to search by color id:
- Query to search by color name:
Search by the due date
- Search tasks due today:
- Search tasks due tomorrow:
- Search tasks due yesterday:
- Search tasks due with the exact date:
The date must use the ISO 8601 format: YYYY-MM-DD.
All string formats supported by the
strtotime() function are supported, for example
Operators supported with a date:
- Greater than: due:>2015-06-29
- Lower than: due:<2015-06-29
- Greater than or equal: due:>=2015-06-29
- Lower than or equal: due:<=2015-06-29
Search by modification date
Attribute: modified or updated
The date formats are the same as the due date.
There is also a filter by recently modified tasks:
This query will use the same value as the board highlight period configured in settings.
Search by creation date
Works in the same way as the modification date queries.
Search by start date
Search by description
Attribute: description or desc
Search by completion
Search by external reference
The task reference is an external id of your task, by example a ticket number from another software.
- Find tasks with a reference:
Search by category
- Find tasks with a specific category:
- Find all tasks that have those categories:
- Find tasks with no category assigned:
Search by project
- Find tasks by project name:
project:"My project name"
- Find tasks by project id:
- Find tasks for several projects:
project:"My project A" project:"My project B"
Search by columns
- Find tasks by column name:
column:"Work in progress"
- Find tasks for several columns:
Search by swim-lane
- Find tasks by swim-lane:
- Find tasks in the default swim-lane:
- Find tasks into several swim-lanes:
swimlane:"Version 1.2" swimlane:"Version 1.3"
Search by task link
- Find tasks by link name:
link:"is a milestone of"
- Find tasks into several links:
link:"is a milestone of" link:"relates to"
Search by comment
- Find comments that contains this title:
comment:"My comment message"
Search by tags
Activity stream search
Search events by task title
Attribute: title or none (default)
- Search by task id:
Search events by task status
Search by event creator
Search by event creation date
Search events by project