Each user can enable the two-factor authentication. After a successful login, a one-time code (6 characters) is asked to the user to allow access to Kanboard.
This code has to be provided by a compatible software usually installed on your smartphone.
There are many software compatible with the standard TOTP system. For example, you can use these applications:
- Google Authenticator (Android, iOS, Blackberry)
- FreeOTP (Android, iOS)
- OATH Toolkit (Command line utility on Unix/Linux)
This system can work offline and you don't necessarily need to have a mobile phone.
- Go to your user profile
- On the left, click on Two factor authentication and check the box
- A secret key is generated for you
- You have to save the secret key in your TOTP software. If you use a smartphone, the easiest solution is to scan the QR code with FreeOTP or Google Authenticator.
- Each time you will open a new session, a new code will be asked
- Don't forget to test your device before closing your session
A new secret key is generated each time you enable/disable this feature.